Despite the effort businesses put into developing the best products, poor marketing renders them unable to meet the profit goals. But thanks to technology, there are a host of available options for marketing the products and services effectively.
You have to incorporate video marketing into your marketing plan if you wish to make it successful. Animated videos present an excellent way to grab the attention of the target audience. You can use these videos to present an idea, explain a concept, and highlight your products and services’ key points.
Whiteboard animation videos have taken the advertising and marketing industry by storm. Do you want to know what exactly whiteboard animation is? Or why is it becoming increasingly popular? Read on to find out.
What is a Whiteboard Animation?
Whiteboard animation refers to the video style designed to show static images to viewers being hand-drawn on a white background. The whiteboard animation videos are accompanied by narration, which supports the story that is told.
‘Hand-drawn video,’ ‘Scribe video,’ and ‘Doodle video.’ All these terms are used to describe Whiteboard Animation Videos.
Whiteboard animation videos are becoming popular because they’re incredibly engaging. They offer an effective way to communicate complex information to the audience as the videos are simple and easy to understand.
You probably have seen a few or more whiteboard animation videos. It is almost hypnotic how the images and words unfold to deliver a powerful message. Thus, whiteboard animation is an effective marketing tool, as well.
Benefits Of Whiteboard Animation
The following are some benefits of whiteboard animation:
- Holds attention: Statistics show that customers are 4 times more interested in watching product description videos than reading the description. With the combination of sound and visuals, the animations keep the consumers engaged, and they want to learn what is going to happen next.
- Easily adaptable: Whiteboard animation videos offer greater adaptability. Even if the situation has changed or a new feature is added to the existing product, you can quickly redraw or include a new scene.
- More memorable: Research found that the audience retains about 15% more information from a whiteboard animation as compared to a talking heads video. Hence, whiteboard animation videos are memorable.
- Easy to make: You can create whiteboard animation videos pretty easily, even if you don’t have any experience. There is no need for any expensive equipment either. Whiteboard animation software offers more convenience and helps you create amazing videos in a fraction of the time.
- Versatility: Either you’re a student or a marketer, you can use whiteboard animation. They’re suitable for any topic, from marketing content to educational videos.
- Fun and entertaining: The animations used in these videos appeal to the senses, put people in a good mood, and help them learn in a fun way.
Whiteboard Animation As A Marketing Tool
Whiteboard animation videos are an innovative way to advertise and market your products and services. The results of a recent study revealed that more than 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video. If you’re thinking about integrating video into your marketing strategy, whiteboard animation is the best option for you.
What’s more, is that the whiteboard animations can be created quickly and easily with minimal costs. Along with marketing your products or services, you can use whiteboard animation for company announcements. Since these animations are hard to ignore, they can help your company stand out.
You can use whiteboard animation when:
- Your products or services are complicated
Whiteboard animation videos are educational. They allow you to communicate your ideas or concepts clearly. If your products and services are complicated, you’ll have to present more detail. And whiteboard animation is the perfect way to achieve that.
- You want a corporate tone
With a whiteboard animation video, you can immediately capture the attention of your audience with a thought-provoking script and mesmerizing visuals. Besides B2C, whiteboard animation videos are also used for B2B. When you’re communicating with other businesses, you need to communicate corporate messages effectively while maintaining a bit light-hearted tone.
- You have a lot of information to present
At times, you have to communicate a lot of information in an easily understandable way. Whiteboard animations can help you with that too. These videos follow a sequenced format, revealing ideas and concepts sequentially without any misunderstanding. Plus! You don’t have to worry about your videos being too long. Whiteboard videos can retain your viewer’s attention even if the videos are longer than average explainer videos.
How Can I Create My Own Whiteboard Animation?
Here the steps you can follow to create your own whiteboard animations:
- First, you need an excellent marketing strategy. If you already have a great video marketing strategy, you should start by identifying your target audience. Analyze your target audience’s demographics and find out the best approach for the whiteboard video.
- The second step is the script. It is the most important part of your storytelling process. With a strong script, you can make sure that the video will be compelling. If you’ve never created a script before, just remember this. First comes the introduction, followed by the problem, then you have to present a solution, and lastly, call-to-action.
- The third step in the whiteboard video creation process is the storyboard. All actions and visual aspects of the video are described in this step, like a comic strip. Draw a sequence of scenes according to your script.
- The next step is to create a professional voiceover. Make sure that the voiceover is upbeat, lively, and engaging enough to capture the audience’s attention.
- Record the video and edit the voiceover. And there you go! Your whiteboard animation video is complete.
10 Best Whiteboard Animation Software
To make your work simpler and easier, you can use whiteboard animation software. I have compiled a list of the 10 best whiteboard animation software. Take a look.
- Renderforest (Free)
- VideoJeeves (Paid)
- RawShorts (Free)
- MySimpleShow (Free)
- TruScribe (Paid)
- Powtoon (Free)
- Easy Sketch Pro (Paid)
- Animaker (Free)
- Biteable (Paid)
- VideoScribe (Free)